Barossa Valley is one of South Australia’s most popular wine regions, as famous for its fine wines as it is for its beautiful scenery. Here are some of the must-try varietals and tasting experiences in the Barossa Valley.
With more than 150 wineries—including some big-name wineries like Wolf Blass, Penfolds, and Jacob’s Creek—wine lovers will find plenty to get excited about in the Barossa Valley. Boasting the ideal ‘“terroir” for wine growing, the valley grows a diverse selection of grape varieties, including cabernet sauvignon, grenache, Semillon, Riesling, merlot, and chardonnay. Fortified wines are also produced here. Wine connoisseurs can sample award-winning Shiraz wines and vintage wines at Seppeltsfield winery, taste the top gold label Shiraz at nearby Wolf Blass, or invest in a bottle of Penfolds Grange, one of Australia’s most iconic wines.
- Soar over the Barossa vineyards on a romantic hot air balloon flight and then toast your safe landing with a Champagne breakfast.
- Discover the winemaking process and make your very own wine at the legendary Penfolds winery.
- Combine delicious cuisine and fine wines with a cooking class or wine-pairing workshop at the famous Jacob's Creek winery.
- Fly over the Barossa Range in a helicopter, then touch down at St. Hugo Wines for a food and wine tasting at the Chef’s Table.
- Feel like a VIP on a private Barossa Valley tour with guided wine tastings at some of the region’s most prestigious wineries.