Chinese acrobatics date back as far as the Qin Dynasty, characterized by a variety of feats and demonstrations of physical strength, balance, and agility. No visit to Beijing would be complete without catching a show. Here’s what you need to know.
- See one of the oldest and most famous Chinese acrobatic troupes perform at the Chaoyang Theatre.
- Combine a live acrobatics show with a Peking duck dinner and a visit to the Hou Hai Lakes area by booking an evening combo tour.
- Make it a day by adding visits to the Forbidden City, Summer Palace, Temple of Heaven, or Mutianyu Great Wall before your Chinese acrobatic show.
- Performances generally last one hour.
- Many group tours that feature a performance also include hotel transfer and an English-speaking guide.