Tea has played a fundamental role in day-to-day life in China for thousands of years. Unless you're invited into a private home, you'll need to visit one of Beijing's teahouses to enjoy the subtle ceremony surrounding the drinking of tea. Here are some of the best experiences.
- Learn the fundamentals of serving and drinking Chinese tea during a hands-on workshop in a traditional courtyard.
- Enjoy a tea tasting in Maliandao Tea Street, Beijing’s largest tea market, filled with tea shops and teahouses.
- Stop for a traditional Chinese tea ceremony while shopping for souvenirs and jewelry at the Hongqiao Pearl Market.
- Combine a traditional tea ceremony with visits to Taoist, Confucian, and Buddhist temples.
- Drink tea just like Chinese people do with tea-drinking etiquette tips from a local guide.