Mim Mineral Museum Beirut (Mim Musée des Minéraux Beyrouth) Tours and Tickets
Along Beirut’s aptly-coined 'museum mile' is a real gem of a collection, housed at the Mim Mineral Museum Beirut (Mim Musée des Minéraux Beyrouth) on the Saint Joseph University campus. Featuring local engineer Salim Edde’s private collection of more than 1,400 minerals, the museum showcases precious stones from around the world, attracting chemists, collectors and enthusiasts alike.
With a tour of the Mim Museum, you’ll see over 300 different minerals from more than 60 countries and learn about mineral formation and history from various interactive screens. The minerals are organized by room, with radioactive elements found in the main exhibit and more precious pieces like gold, silver, emerald, ruby and topaz displayed in the treasure room.
Considered to be one of the most impressive private collections of minerals in the world, the Mim makes for a great stop on a tour of Beirut museums, and is a must-do for those with even a passing interest in precious stones.
Tours and Tickets to Experience Mim Mineral Museum Beirut (Mim Musée des Minéraux Beyrouth)
- Beirut National Museum (Musée National de Beyrouth)
- Martyrs' Square (Place des Martyrs)
- Downtown Beirut (Beirut Central District)
- Banque du Liban Museum (Musée de la Banque du Liban)
- Hamra Street (Rue Hamra)
- Jeita Grotto
- Our Lady of Lebanon (Notre Dame du Liban)
- Beiteddine (Beit ed-Dine)
- Forest of the Cedars of God (Horsh Arz el-Rab)
- Byblos (Jbeil)
- Chateau Ksara
- Sidon (Saida)
- Qadisha Valley (Wadi Kadisha)