Flynn Cruiseport Boston (Black Falcon Cruise Terminal)
Travelers docking at the Boston Cruiseport typically head straight to Boston to enjoy Red Sox games at Fenway Park, tour world-class universities, and learn the history of the Boston Tea Party. Guided tours—on foot or by trolley—of top Boston landmarks along the 2.5-mile Freedom Trail are convenient for those tight on time, although excursions into wider New England are also available. Other top Boston attractions include the New England Aquarium, the MIT Museum, the Peabody Museum, and the Museum of Fine Arts.
Things to Know Before You Go
- Exploring Harvard with a student guide is a fun way to get to know the university.
- Boston’s Freedom Trail can be explored independently but guided tours, with costumed guides, offer more in-depth historical context.
- Visitors can explore Boston on foot, by bike, by trolley, or by boat. Most guided boat and trolley tours are also wheelchair accessible.
- Day trips to nearby places such as Martha’s Vineyard depart from Boston.
- Prepare for rain year-round in Boston—pack a waterproof jacket and sturdy shoes.
How to Get to Boston From the Flynn Cruiseport Boston
Your cruise ship will dock at the Raymond L. Flynn Black Falcon Cruise Terminal, aka Cruiseport Boston, on the South Boston waterfront. Many cruise lines offer shuttles into the city center, but taxis are readily available as well. You can also catch Silver Line bus SL2 or SL3 to the South Station of the Boston T (subway). Another option is to head into the center on foot; it's about a 30-minute walk along Northern Avenue.
The cruise terminal doesn’t have many facilities for passengers and isn’t too close to anything of importance. English is the local language and the US dollar is the official currency. ATMs are readily available throughout the city, but you will likely need to visit a major bank to change currency.
- Things to do in Massachusetts
- Things to do in Salem
- Things to do in Long Island
- Things to do in Brooklyn
- Things to do in New York City
- Things to do in Montreal
- Things to do in Philadelphia
- Things to do in Washington DC
- Things to do in Buffalo
- Things to do in Niagara Falls
- Things to do in Niagara Falls & Around
- Things to do in Toronto
- Things to do in Pittsburgh
- Things to do in New York
- Things to do in Quebec