New York City Day Trips from Boston
By Viator, January 2018
- New York can be reached from Boston by road, though finding parking in Manhattan can be difficult. Private chauffeur service and tours allow for point-to-point transportation with a custom departure time.
- Visit New York from Boston by rail, leaving the NYC train station to see the city by hop-on hop-off bus. Listen to narration from a tour guide while you take in the major sights, including the Empire State Building, Statue of Liberty, the Brooklyn Bridge, and Times Square.
- Depart for New York by air to arrive by early morning and have five to six hours to explore multiple neighborhoods—including Midtown, Chinatown, and Greenwich Village—on a hop-on hop off tour with lunch included.
- New York City is about 215 miles (346 kilometers) from Boston, a one-way journey of about 3.5 to 4.5 hours by road.
- A New York City to Boston trip can also be taken to see major Boston sights such as the Freedom Trail, Boston Common, and Quincy Market.