With two days in Cebu, you’ll have plenty of time to dive into the history and culture of Cebu City, relax on the white-sand beaches, and partake in an epic adventure on Cebu or a neighboring island. Here are some ideas for how to make the most of your 48 hours on the Philippine island of Cebu.
Some travelers visit Sumilon Island simply to dive and snorkel the marine park. Many Cebu tours combine a Sumilon trip with a whale shark encounter at Oslob, nearby, and an adventure in the Tumalog Falls or Kawasan Falls. You can visit the Bluewater resort on a Sumilon Island day pass, which includes buffet lunch, transfers, and water sports such as kayaking and snorkeling; other travelers opt to spend a night or two in the well-equipped bungalows.
Things to Know Before You Go
- Sumilon Island is a great choice for Instagrammers, divers, snorkelers, and sun worshippers.
- The resort store offers basic essentials, such as sunblock and swimwear (in smaller sizes). As the island is uninhabited, it’s best to bring everything you need.
- Sumilon Island is not wheelchair accessible.
How to Get There
Sumilon Island lies just off the southern tip of Cebu Island, about 80 miles (130 kilometers) south of Cebu City. The resort operates a boat service between Puerto Sumilon and Sumilon Island several times a day: the ride takes under 10 minutes. Bluewater can also arrange private boat transfers from the airport.
When to Get There
Sumilon Island is a popular weekend and holiday retreat for locals. For a calmer experience, plan to visit midweek and consider staying overnight to enjoy the quiet of the island. Most travelers avoid the rainy season, between June and August.
What to Do in Southern Cebu Southern Cebu has plenty of things to do, besides Sumilon Island. The Kawasan Falls are perfect for canyoneering; Oslob is known for whale shark encounters, although naturalists have criticized hand-feeding these giant fish; Inambakan Falls offer a scenic 100-foot (30-meter) drop with a fascinating hike, while Tumalog Falls deliver Instagram-perfect cascades.
- Things to do in Visayas
- Things to do in Panay Island
- Things to do in Boracay
- Things to do in Puerto Princesa
- Things to do in Sandakan
- Things to do in Kota Kinabalu
- Things to do in Palawan
- Things to do in Sabah
- Things to do in Central Vietnam
- Things to do in Sarawak
- Things to do in Southern Vietnam
- Things to do in Mekong Delta