Don't let the rain stop you from making the most of your time in Chicago—many of the Windy City's must-see sights are actually indoors, so there's no need to hole up in your hotel room. Here are a few ideas for rainy days in Chicago.
- See the gray skies from a new point of view on the glass-enclosed balcony at the Willis Tower's 103rd-floor Skydeck.
- Bring the kids (or your inner child) to the LEGOLAND Discovery Center.
- Stay out of the rain at one of the city's myriad museums, such as the Field Museum of Natural History, the John G Shedd Aquarium, or the Chicago Children's Museum.
- The famous Chicago Pedway, a network of underground tunnels and overhead bridges, runs throughout the downtown area, making it easy for both locals and visitors to avoid the elements and get around without ever stepping foot outside.
- See the city's sights and architecture at street level without getting wet on a hop on, hop off bus tour or a guided sightseeing experience by bus.
- Come nightfall, catch some live music at the House of Blues or a show at the Briar Street Theater to stay dry.