The Windy City is a destination of icons—famous foods, sports teams, architectural wonders, and historic blues bars. It’s a multifaceted metropolis with a lot going on, both on and off the tourist path. Here are a few ways to experience Chicago like a local.
- Hit the waters of Lake Michigan during a private sailing excursion along Chicago’s stunning lakefront.
- Explore Chicago’s top-notch craft beer scene with a ride on the Brewery Barrel Bus.
- Grab a paddle and go kayaking at twilight to watch the fireworks over Navy Pier.
- Skip the line at one of Chicago’s top museums, including the Art Institute of Chicago, Alder Planetarium, Museum of Science and Industry, or Field Museum.
- Indulge in a favorite Chicago pastime—retail therapy—with a shop and spa tour along the Magnificent Mile.
- Rent a bike and hit the pavement for a self-guided tour of Chicago’s vibrant and diverse neighborhoods.