From alligators to otters to birds, the Everglades National Park offers great opportunities to spot and even interact with wildlife. Explore by boat, kayak, or on foot to learn from the experts and see as much as possible. Here are a few ways to do so.
- Visit the Reptile Exhibit at the Sawgrass Recreation Park to see native and exotic wildlife, including rare tortoises, iguanas, snakes, alligators, and peacocks.
- Paddle a kayak through a mangrove forest to get safe close-up views of herons, ducks, alligators, ducks, otters, and more.
- Listen to an expert naturalist or biologist to learn about the animals in the Everglades.
- Take a nature walk in Big Cypress National Preserve.
- Swim or snorkel with manatees while on a boat cruise along the Crystal River.
- Explore the Homosassa Springs Wildlife State Park with a park ranger looking for bears, panthers, alligators, and hippos.