Dania Beach Pier
Dania Beach Pier, a 974-foot (297-meter) pier jetting out across the Atlantic Ocean, is occasionally surrounded by manta ray, barracuda, or even some sharks. You can either watch the locals fishing—or, better yet, cast a line yourself. Buy bait and rent rods at the sundry store right on the pier; there are benches and tables used for cleaning fish. There’s also a restaurant, Quarterdeck, and lights should you be interested in night fishing.
Things to Know Before You Go
This is a great stop for people who like to fish, as well as those who want to watch locals doing their thing.
You don’t have to have a Florida fishing license in order to fish on the pier.
A small entry fee varies based on whether you’re fishing or spectating.
There are restrooms at the pier.
How to Get There
Dania Beach Pier is located in Dania Beach, about 5 miles (8 kilometers ) south of Fort Lauderdale. From Fort Lauderdale, take U.S. 1 South to Dania Beach Boulevard. Metered parking is available in a nearby lot. The closest stop on Broward County Public Transit is Dania Beach B/Gulfstream R, just a 5-minute walk from the pier.
When to Get There
You can access the pier from 6am to midnight daily; the best time to fish is generally in the early morning or late afternoon. If you can avoid fishing on weekends, during spring break, and other times when the pier will be most crowded, you might have the best luck.
Quarterdeck, the restaurant on the pier, offers delicious seafood and some of the best views around. You can’t go wrong ordering up some fresh fish—the sushi’s great here, too. Best of all, every table overlooks the water.
- Things to do in Florida
- Things to do in Boca Raton
- Things to do in Miami
- Things to do in West Palm Beach
- Things to do in Everglades National Park
- Things to do in Freeport
- Things to do in Naples
- Things to do in Fort Myers
- Things to do in Key West
- Things to do in Cocoa Beach
- Things to do in Cape Canaveral
- Things to do in Sarasota
- Things to do in Orlando
- Things to do in Grand Bahama Island
- Things to do in New Providence Island
- Port Everglades
- Hollywood Beach
- Jungle Queen Riverboat
- Intracoastal Waterway Fort Lauderdale
- Las Olas Beach
- Riverwalk Fort Lauderdale
- Las Olas Boulevard
- Historic Stranahan House Museum
- NSU Art Museum
- Fort Lauderdale Antique Car Museum
- Museum of Discovery and Science
- Fort Lauderdale Beachfront
- Hugh Taylor Birch State Park
- Hard Rock Cafe Hollywood Florida
- Flamingo Gardens