The glassy rivers and snow-capped peaks of the Franz Josef Glacier and Fox Glacier are among the highlights of New Zealand’s South Island, and the West Coast glaciers are even more spectacular from above. Here are your options for Franz Josef and Fox glacier helicopter tours.
- Soar over the magnificent Southern Alps, Mt. Cook, Lake Matheson, and the West Coast region on a scenic helicopter flight.
- Reach areas only accessible by experienced mountaineers and marvel at the vast glacial landscapes.
- Enjoy aerial views of both glaciers on a 30-minute helicopter tour, including snow landings.
- Explore the glacial icefalls and ice caves of the Franz Josef glacier on a thrilling heli hike.
- Make the most of the photo opportunities as you climb from sea level over the mighty peaks of the Mount Cook National Park.