Top Hawaii Kid-Friendly
Saved to wishlist!
Read MoreShow Less
Hawaii’s main islands offer lots to explore: Maui’s jungle waterfalls, the beginner surf breaks of Waikiki Beach on Oahu, Kauai’s dramatic Na Pali coast, and Kona’s rich underwater world on the Big Island. With so much adventure, Hawaii is the perfect place for a family vacation—here are some of best things to do with kids on the islands.
- Head to the top of the dormant Haleakala volcano in Haleakala National Park to watch the sunrise on top of the world.
- Learn to paddle an outrigger canoe in the waters off Maui.
- Stay dry and see baby hammerheads and seahorses at the Maui Ocean Center.
- Take a helicopter tour to soar above the thick tropical jungle setting.
- Learn the hula and eat a feast at a luau at the Polynesian Cultural Center on Oahu’s North Shore.
- Learn about Hawaiian history at the Bishop Museum.
- Tour a historic submarine at Pearl Harbor.
- Eat a delicious Dole Whip, learn about pineapples, and get lost in the hedge maze at the Dole Plantation.
Big Island of Hawaii
- Take an ATV tour through taro farms in the famed Waipio Valley.
- Head beneath the waves to spot turtles and schooling fish in an Atlantis submarine off Kona.
- Zipline over massive waterfalls set among island greenery.
- Snorkel with colorful reef fish in the protected preserve of Honaunau Bay.
- Zipline through the treetops on Kauai.
- Kayak along the dramatic seaside cliffs of the Na Pali Coast.
- Try a surf lesson to develop a new skill.
- Take a movie filming locations tour to see Kauai spots featured in Pirates of the Caribbean and Jurassic Park.
9 results | All Hawaii Tours
Sort by: Featured
Catch an exciting peek at the underwater world on this whale-watching cruise in Maui. Your excursion includes narration from your captain and crew, as you learn more about these majestic creatures. Enjoy stunning views and photo opportunities while traveling along Maui’s exquisite coastline. Your family-friendly cruise comes with a guarantee that you spot a whale during your adventure.
Set out from Oahu’s scenic North Shore to the depths of the big blue Pacific, where you have the chance to observe wild sharks from inside an underwater shark cage. Thanks to your professional, experienced crew, the Oahu shark dive is completely safe as they know the predators’ behavior, and the underwater cage provides proven safety against all different species of sharks. Whether you’re in the cage with sharks right in front of you or watching from up in the boat, Oahu shark diving is a Hawaii activity you’ll definitely never forget.
Get a guaranteed view of a humpback whale on this whale watching cruise on Oahu. Pick a spot aboard the fresh air of the decks or by the indoor viewing windows as you glide past Diamond Head and Waikiki Beach. A naturalist joins you on board to provide informative commentary and point out any other spotted marine life, such as sea turtles, porpoises and Hawaii spinner dolphins. Upgrade your cruise ticket to include hotel pickup and drop-off.
Experience the thrill of meeting sharks face-to-face in the pristine waters of Oahu on this educational, 2-hour, cage-diving adventure. See Hawaii's majestic hunters — Galapagos and Sandbar sharks in their natural environment — surrounded by the deep blue of the Big Island’s popular North Shore. Observe from the safety of a floating cage. Stay on the surface, then using a mask and snorkel, look through large polyglass windows to watch the sharks as they gracefully glide by. No scuba experience is necessary. Hotel pickup and drop-off available.
Leave your preconceptions about sharks at the door and get up close to these sleek creatures on this unique ocean experience. Head out from Haleiwa, on the North Shore of O’ahu, and spend roughly half an hour swimming with the sharks living in the area. Don’t worry, though: even if you aren’t swimming in a cage, you’re still in safe hands, with a guide on board and a safety diver swimming with each group.
Price varies by group size
Price varies by group size
Set sail on the Mo’o with “the original shark boat crew” and learn skills passed down through generations to interact responsibly and safely with sharks and other marine life. Swim and snorkel with native sharks on Oahu’s North Shore. Look out for White Tipped Reef Sharks, Scalloped Hammerhead Sharks, Tiger Sharks, Galapagos Sharks, Gray Reef Sharks, and Sandbar Sharks, and learn about the local culture of respect for native animals and the natural environment.
Visit the Bishop Museum, one of the most popular attractions in Oahu, with this prepaid admission ticket. Rated the number one museum attraction in Hawaii by TripAdvisor and founded in 1889, this venue contains informative exhibits on Hawaiian culture and traditions. Witness a fascinating live lava demonstration and recline in a comfortable seat to enjoy a celestial planetarium show. Learn about Hawaii's history and its relationship to the Pacific islands and the rest of the world.
Go swimming with dolphins on a tour that ensures the charismatic mammals are treated with the utmost respect. While in harbor, your guides brief your small group on how to interact with the dolphins in their natural habitat before allowing you into the water to meet and play with them. Afterward, snorkel a pristine reef with exotic fish, turtles, and rays. Includes all equipment, as well as snacks, beverages, and photographs.
On our pony rides, your keiki (kids) have a chance to do something they'll always feel proud of. Riding a horse is an unforgettable experience for kids, and our wranglers will help them become little wranglers in a setting that’s safe and comfortable. Parents can walk alongside their child at no charge and get a few great photos along the way. Parents can also ride a horse alongside their child for the same price. One of our wranglers will lead, or “pony”, the horse while the kids sit in the saddle and feel on top of the world. Parents and kids alike can take in the beautiful scenery on the ranch, enjoying native Hawaiian plants, birds, and a cool, fresh breeze. Gunstock Ranch is situated in one of the most picturesque spots on Oahu’s North Shore, so there’s plenty for all ages to appreciate. After the ride, children will have a chance to feed and pet the horses for the perfect end to a great adventure.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What are the best Kid-Friendly in Hawaii?
The best Kid-Friendly in Hawaii according to Viator travelers are:
What Kid-Friendly in Hawaii are taking additional safety precautions?
These Hawaii experiences are providing additional COVID-19 safety measures:
What Kid-Friendly in Hawaii are good for avoiding crowds?
- Kahua Ranch Tours & Tickets
- Ulupalakua Ranch Tours & Tickets
- Bishop Museum Tours & Tickets
- Waimanalo Beach Park Tours & Tickets
- Polynesian Cultural Center Tours & Tickets
- Waikoloa Village Tours & Tickets
- Pearl Harbor National Memorial Tours & Tickets
- Haleakala National Park Tours & Tickets
- Waimea Tours & Tickets
- Wailuku River State Park Tours & Tickets
- Keauhou Bay Tours & Tickets
- Honolulu Harbor Tours & Tickets
- Ko Olina Tours & Tickets
- Kaumana Caves State Park Tours & Tickets
- Diamond Head Tours & Tickets
- Hilo Tours & Tickets
- Little Beach Tours & Tickets
- Liliuokalani Gardens Tours & Tickets
- Banyan Drive Tours & Tickets
- Dole Plantation Tours & Tickets
- Things to do in Maui
- Things to do in Oahu
- Things to do in Big Island of Hawaii
- Things to do in Kauai
- Things to do in California
- Things to do in Oregon
- Things to do in Nevada
- Things to do in Napier
- Things to do in Sausalito
- Things to do in San Francisco
- Things to do in Napa & Sonoma
- Things to do in Washington
- Things to do in Tahiti
- Things to do in British Columbia
- Things to do in Arizona