Tasmania’s capital has it all—historic sights, stunning natural scenery, and lively neighborhoods—but with just 24 hours in Hobart, it’s best to focus on the highlights. Plan your itinerary wisely to maximize your time, or join a guided tour to ensure you don’t miss anything. Here are some ideas.
Mount Field National Park
Lake Dobson Road, Maydena, Tasmania
Mount Field National Park is located 40 miles from Hobart, about an hour’s drive outside the city. There is a daily park fee of either $12 per person or $24 per vehicle, and multi-day visitors can purchase holiday passes for $30 each person or $80 each vehicle. While rain and snow can fall during any month of the year, the summer months of December through March offer the driest and warmest conditions.
- Things to do in Tasmania
- Things to do in Melbourne
- Things to do in Yarra Valley
- Things to do in Ballarat
- Things to do in Victoria
- Things to do in South Australia
- Things to do in New South Wales
- Things to do in South Island
- Things to do in Queensland
- Things to do in North Island
- Things to do in Northern Territory