Glen Ord Distillery
Founded in 1838, Glen Ord Distillery is one of the oldest in Scotland. Here, at the only remaining malt whisky distillery on the remote Black Isle, it’s possible to go on a behind-the-scenes tour to see and understand the process of making a single malt from start to finish. You’ll get to check out the barley maltings as well as the fermentation and distillation methods, wandering among the barrels and huge copper stills as you go.
As is tradition, at the end of the hour-long tour you’ll get to enjoy a single malt tasting or two. As you sip, you’ll learn how to compare and identify the flavors in whisky. And be sure to make the most of your swig; you won’t be able to buy and enjoy Glen Ord whisky anywhere else in the country, as outside the distillery’s whisky store, the single malt is only sold in Asia.
Tours and tickets to Experience Glen Ord Distillery
What are Glen Ord Distillery hours of operation?
Should I book Glen Ord Distillery tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Glen Ord Distillery 2021?
What's the best way to experience Glen Ord Distillery?
- Highlander Loch Ness and Culloden Battlefield 8 Seater Tour from Inverness
- Loch Ness,Culloden Battlefield,Cawdor Castle & Much More From Inverness City
- Scottish Highlands from Inverness: Black Isle, Loch Ness, Outlander and Whisky
- Loch Ness, Whisky and Outlander Day Tour from Inverness
Things to do near Inverness
- Things to do in The Scottish Highlands
- Things to do in Stirling
- Things to do in Glasgow
- Things to do in Edinburgh
- Things to do in Newcastle-upon-Tyne
- Things to do in Londonderry
- Things to do in Belfast
- Things to do in Middlesbrough
- Things to do in York
- Things to do in Liverpool
- Things to do in Manchester
- Things to do in Westport
- Things to do in Birmingham
- Things to do in North East England
- Things to do in North West England