Key West Cruise Port
The Key West cruise port is the gateway to America’s southernmost city, where pristine nature meets quirky culture and history. The cruise terminal is walking distance from many top attractions in the compact center of Key West and is a convenient starting point for exploring the city’s neighborhoods, beaches, and nightlife.
Travelers docking at the Key West Cruise Terminal can choose from a wide range of shore excursions, from walking tours of downtown to kayak trips through mangrove forests. If you’re looking for more flexible tours, opt for a hop-on hop-off trolley that will take you to many of the island’s hot spots. Some full-day tours head farther afield, following the scenic Overseas Highway to other keys, where you can enjoy local culture and stunning beaches.
Things to Know Before You Go
Parking is extremely limited in central Key West—good alternatives to driving include trolley tours, bike rentals, and walking tours.
Don’t worry about dressing up, as local style is very casual—even high-end restaurants welcome diners in shorts and flip flops.
Sidewalk ramps and mostly flat terrain mean much of Key West is wheelchair accessible.
How to Get to Key West From the Key West Cruise Port
Getting to Key West from the Key West Cruise Port is easy, as bustling Duval Street is just a short walk away. Miami is also accessible from the Key West Cruise Port but requires advance planning and a flight from Key West International Airport, or a drive along the Overseas Highway through Florida's other keys.
Most major Caribbean cruise lines stop at Key West, where the centrally located pier is adjacent to Mallory Square. English is the main language on the island, and the local currency is the US dollar.
- Things to do in Florida
- Things to do in Everglades National Park
- Things to do in Naples
- Things to do in Miami
- Things to do in Fort Myers
- Things to do in Fort Lauderdale
- Things to do in Boca Raton
- Things to do in West Palm Beach
- Things to do in Sarasota
- Things to do in St Petersburg
- Things to do in Freeport
- Things to do in Tampa
- Things to do in Clearwater
- Things to do in Grand Bahama Island
- Things to do in New Providence Island
- Ripley's Believe It or Not! Key West Museum
- Hard Rock Cafe Key West
- Key West Cemetery
- St. Paul's Key West Episcopal Church
- Key West Aquarium
- Key West Shipwreck Treasure Museum
- Mel Fisher Maritime Museum
- Mallory Square
- Duval Street
- Harry S. Truman Little White House
- Key West Historic District
- Basilica of Saint Mary Star of the Sea
- Ernest Hemingway Home and Museum
- Key West Lighthouse and Keeper's Quarters Museum
- Fort Zachary Taylor