When you've had your fill of casinos and clubs, get out of town on an ATV or dune buggy tour from Las Vegas to explore the surrounding landscape of off-road trails through the desert, red rocks, sand dunes, and more. Here's the rundown on your tour options.
- These adventures are a great way to take a break from the crowds of the Las Vegas Strip and see more of Nevada.
- Tours typically range from three to seven hours.
- Most tours visit areas such as Nellis Dunes Recreation Area, Hidden Valley, Lake Mead, or Valley of Fire State Park.
- The vehicles, which have a variety of names (ATV, dune buggy, UTV, RZR, mini Baja) are built to handle the rugged terrain.
- ATVs seat one to two people; buggies seat one to four people.
- A tour guide and safety gear such as goggles and helmets are typically included.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off in Las Vegas is generally included on ATV tours.
- Drivers must be at least 16 years old with a valid driver's license; those under 18 might require accompaniment by a parent or guardian.