Peru is becoming increasingly popular among surfers eager to ride the waves along South America’s long Pacific coastline. Surfers in Lima have 150 miles of surf to choose from, with waves for all ability levels. Here are your options for the best surfing near the Peruvian capital.
- Catch beginner-friendly waves at Waikiki Beach and Makaha Beach in Miraflores.
- Learn to surf at a surf school in Lima, including board rental.
- Practice your skills or catch a wave for the first time under the guidance of an expert English-speaking instructor.
- Find some of Lima’s best surf spots with the help of an in-the-know local.
- Watch experienced surfers catch some of Lima’s best waves at La Herradura Beach in Chorrillos or Pico Alto in Punta Hermosa.
- Explore the birthplace of world champion surfer Sofia Mulanovich.