With its mournful melodies and intricate guitar, Fado is one of Portugal's most enduring traditions, dating back to the 1820s. Attending a Fado show in Lisbon is the best way to experience the soulful folk music for yourself—here are our top picks.
- Listen to authentic Fado music at one of Lisbon’s live music venues.
- Combine an evening Fado show with a sunset walking tour of Lisbon or a panoramic night tour of the city.
- Tuck into a delicious three-course meal during a Fado dinner show.
- A number of seating options are available.
- Most tours include hotel pickup and drop-off.
Fado Shows with Dinner
Make the most of your evening by combining a moving Fado performance with a delicious dinner. Most dinner shows include a three-course meal of classic Portuguese cuisine and wine, as well as pickup and return transfers to your hotel, so you can concentrate on enjoying the evening.
Fado Shows with Walking Tours
Discover Lisbon's history and heritage by combining a walking tour of the city with an unforgettable Fado performance. See the capital at its most atmospheric on a sunset walking tour, admire the illuminated landmarks on a panoramic night tour, or discover the birthplace of Fado in Lisbon's Alfama district before finishing the night off with a Fado dinner show.