Due to its proximity to the Atlantic, it’s not always warm winds and sunny skies in Lisbon. When rain clouds burst, you’re likely to experience some consistent showers, so it’s best to plan a day of indoor activities. Here are a few of our top picks for a rainy day in the Portuguese capital.
- Spend a few hours at the Lisbon Oceanarium (Oceanário de Lisboa), viewing hundreds of marine species from around the world.
- Ride Lisbon’s historic tramways during a hop-on-hop-off-tram tour that covers districts such as Alfama, Chiado, and Bairro Alto.
- Catch a fado performance in a cozy, candle-lit venue that was made for rainy days.
- Head indoors to sample some of Lisbon’s best culinary offerings during a food tour or a visit to the Time Out Market.
- Tick off some of Lisbon’s museums, which include the National Tile Museum, Design and Fashion Museum (MUDE), and the National Museum of Ancient Art.
- Take in the sights and stay dry on a themed or hop-on-hop-off bus or boat tour.