Much like the rest of Mediterranean Europe, spring in Lisbon sees temperatures begin to climb and flowers bloom, making it the ideal time for outdoor exploration. The months of March and April also mean far fewer crowds than the summer season, so you can spend less time waiting in line and more time enjoying the sights. Here are some of our top picks for springtime activities in the Portuguese capital.
- Take advantage of sunny skies during a sightseeing cruise on the River Tagus.
- Soak up the sunshine from the upper deck of a hop-on hop-off bus on a tour that allows you to create your own itinerary.
- Explore Pena National Palace and the fairy-tale castles of Sintra during a tour of the town’s historical center, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Take a Lisbon walking tour that reveals the culture and history of Portugal’s capital.
- Beat the heat in a naturally cool underground wine cellar on a wine-tasting tour.
- Feel the breeze as you explore the city during a tuk-tuk tour, ideal for couples.
- Spend the day at sea on a kayaking excursion, exploring secluded caves, beaches, and bays.
- Lounge on the golden sands of the beach of Cascais, where you can also enjoy water sports.