Exploring the Loire Valley By Bike
By Viator, July 2018
- Cycle through lush forests, vine-covered countryside, and along the peaceful banks of France’s Loire River on bike tours of the verdant Loire Valley.
- Rest your legs and refuel with vineyard picnics and lunches in local restaurants.
- Cycle from castle to castle, stopping at magnificent estates including Chenonceau Castle (Château de Chenonceau), Chambord Castle (Château de Chambord), Azay-le-Rideau Castle (Château d’Azay-le-Rideau), and Clos Lucé, a Renaissance manor house in Amboise where Leonardo da Vinci spent his final days.
- Hop off the saddle for strolls in the Loire’s landscaped gardens, from the vegetable gardens of Château de Villandry to the Jardin du Plessis-Sasnières, northwest of Blois.
- Enjoy wine tastings of bold reds in Chinon or crisp whites in the Sancerre, Vouvray, and Pouilly-Fumé regions as you pedal along bike-friendly wine routes.
- Explore the city of Nantes, from its medieval center to the innovative Machines of the Isle of Nantes (Les Machines de l’Île), without so much as breaking a sweat on an e-biking city tour.