Autumn is a great time to sightsee in London, given its cooler temperatures, fewer crowds, and roster of cultural events and festivals. Celebrate holidays such as Halloween and Bonfire Night, and make the most of rainy days at museums. Here are ideas for things to do in London this fall.
- Discover the capital’s dark history on a tour of haunted London or a visit to the London Dungeons.
- Hop on the Eurostar for a day trip to Paris and sip Champagne at the top of the Eiffel Tower.
- Visit London’s top attractions on a hop-on hop-off bus tour via an open-air double-decker bus in combination with an attractions pass.
- Enjoy views over London with skip-the-line tickets to London Eye.
- Visit Highclere Castle, the real-life Downton Abbey, and relive your favorite moments from the hit TV show.
- Watch the famous Changing of the Guards ceremony at Buckingham Palace.
- Spend an evening watching a show such as School of Rock in London’s West End Theater district.
- Visit two UNESCO World Heritage sites on a day trip to Bath and Stonehenge.