From the bustling markets of Portobello to the banks of the famous Thames River, the British capital is best explored on foot. Whether you’re interested in history or wizardry, here are a few London walking tour ideas that are worth the trek.
- Visit London locations that were used for various scenes in the “Harry Potter” books and movies, including the areas that inspired Diagon Alley, the Leaky Cauldron, and Platform 9 ¾.
- Explore Westminster’s World War II sites with a guide, and visit the Churchill War Rooms.
- Some tours focus on royal highlights and include time at the infamous Tower of London.
- Visit some of London’s famous traditional bars on a West End pub tour.
- Stroll through Spitalfields and Shoreditch, and sample the flavors of the bustling East End on a guided food tour.
Themed Walking Tours
Immerse yourself in the magical world of Harry Potter, delve into Jack the Ripper’s gruesome crimes, or visit the traditional pubs for which the West End is famous—London offers walking tours to suit all tastes. Sample tasty treats on a food walking tour, or visit the fascinating Churchill War Rooms and listen as your guide brings World War II history to life.
Neighborhood Walking Tours
Neighborhood walking tours are a great way to see the best of London on foot. The traditional market stalls of the East End, the bright lights of theatreland in the West End, and the historic architecture of Westminster are all within easy reach from central London. Follow a guide to top attractions and hidden gems off the beaten trail, and see sides of the capital many visitors miss.