La Casa Encendida
Translated from Spanish, “ La Casa Encendida” means the House of Fire — and it is here that social, cultural, and artistic flames are lit. Founded by the nonprofit organization Fundacion Montemadrid, the building encourages and showcases a range of local performing arts, including films, concerts, activities, and exhibitions. Though the building once housed a bank, it has become a hub for modern Spanish art and operates in support of emerging artists.
Programs at the center revolve around four themes: education, culture, solidarity, and environment. There are often live performances and film screenings taking place here. Sustainability is a priority, and there is a small orchard atop the building’s rooftop (with excellent views of the city!) There are also libraries and multimedia labs available for use, along with classrooms, a cafe, a fair-trade shop, and activities for children.
La Casa Encendida Tours
What are La Casa Encendida hours of operation?
Should I book La Casa Encendida tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit La Casa Encendida 2021?
What's the best way to experience La Casa Encendida?
- Private Wine and Tapas Tour: A Gourmet Journey in Madrid
- Secrets & Highlights of Majestic Madrid With A Local: Private & Personalised 8hr
- Must See & Do's Madrid With A Local Insider: 100% Private & Personalized 8Hrs
- Architour by Lavapiés y Rastro
Things to do near Madrid
- Things to do in Toledo
- Things to do in Segovia
- Things to do in Zaragoza
- Things to do in Cordoba
- Things to do in Valencia
- Things to do in Bilbao
- Things to do in Santander
- Things to do in Murcia
- Things to do in San Sebastian
- Things to do in Alicante
- Things to do in Granada
- Things to do in Seville
- Things to do in Castile and León
- Things to do in Aragón
- Things to do in Basque Country