Though hardly the end of earth, Gibraltar, located at the southernmost tip of Iberia, offers visitors the chance to encounter a completely different culture and country without having to venture far from southern Spain. Here’s what you need to know to experience Gibraltar from Malaga on the Costa del Sol.
Things to Know
- Get to Gibraltar by land in air-conditioned comfort or aboard a small dolphin-watching cruise boat.
- Don’t forget your passport, as you’ll be leaving Spain and entering British territory.
- Day tours from Malaga can last upwards of 12 hours depending on the option chosen.
- Spend a day on a sightseeing tour of Gibraltar’s top attractions, like St. Michael’s Cave and the famous Rock of Gibraltar (and its equally famous Barbary apes and Mediterranean views).
- During your free time in town, enjoy a meal at a pub or shop tax-free for English specialties on Main Street.
- Gaze at the coast of Morocco across the Strait of Gibraltar.
- Most tours include hotel pickup and drop-off in Malaga.