Top-Rated Luaus in Maui
By Viator, January 2018
- Choose from some of Hawaii’s best luau offerings close to resorts in Kaanapali and Wailea.
- Watch a traditional imu ceremony where the feast’s centerpiece kalua pig is removed from beneath steamy banana fronds in an underground oven.
- Sample a full buffet spread of traditional Hawaiian cuisine such as poi, poke, kalua pork, hoio salad, lau lau, lomi lomi salmon, and creamy, coconut-y luau (for which the event is named) in an al fresco jungle or seaside setting. Most luaus also include Western alternatives for picky eaters.
- Sip a Mai Tai, Blue Hawaii, or Piña Colada from the open bar.
- Learn Hawaiian legends—including some unique to Maui—through hula interpretations. You’ll see expertly executed kahiko (ancient) and auana (modern) versions of hula, as well as other dances and traditions from Tahiti, Fiji, Rarotonga, New Zealand, and around the Pacific.
- Try hula onstage with your family to make Maui memories.
- Watch the colorful Maui sunset over the sea beyond the performance stage.
- Experience the heat radiating from the twirling batons of skilled Samoan fire knife dancers.
- Round out your Maui vacation with a package that couples a luau with Maui ocean adventures like a daytime submarine tour of the island’s fringing coral reefs or a sunset whale-watching dinner cruise.
Tours & Tickets
Here's fun for all the family! This value-added package combines the Atlantis Submarine Adventure with a traditional Hawaiian feast at Royal Lahaina Luau. Read more
Location: Maui, Hawaii
Duration: 4 hours 30 minutes (approx.)