The Churchill Island Heritage Farm is one of Melbourne’s most unique attractions. A tiny island off the coast of Phillip Island, Churchill Island is occupied entirely by the Churchill Island Heritage Farm.
Churchill Island was one of the first places in Victoria to be used for agriculture. Farmed since 1798, the island retains its heritage by showcasing pioneer farming techniques to visitors in its current incarnation as an historic working farm.
The Churchill Island Heritage Farm Visitor Centre contains an exhibition on the history of the island, as well as a giftshop and café. The real attraction of the island however is the farm life. Daily farming activities include cow milking, sheep shearing and more. Visitors can also circumnavigate the island on a walking track with fantastic views. The farm hosts a farmers market on the fourth Saturday of each month with lots of local produce.
Kids will love spotting the unusual breed of typical farm animals on the island. Highland cows, Clydesdale horses, peacocks and more can be found on the farm, as well as sightings of the Little Penguins that live on Phillip Island next door.
Churchill Island Tours
What are Churchill Island hours of operation?
Should I book Churchill Island tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Churchill Island 2021?
What's the best way to experience Churchill Island?
- Melbourne Super Saver: Great Ocean Road + Phillip Island + Attraction Pass
- Small-Group Phillip Island Penguin Parade Day Tour from Melbourne
- 2-Day Phillip Island and Wilsons Promontory Tour from Melbourne
- 2-Day Phillip Island Discovery Escape from Melbourne
Things to do near Melbourne
- Things to do in Victoria
- Things to do in Yarra Valley
- Things to do in Mornington Peninsula
- Things to do in Phillip Island
- Things to do in Ballarat
- Things to do in Great Ocean Road
- Things to do in Burnie
- Things to do in Hobart
- Things to do in Seven Mile Beach
- Things to do in Adelaide
- Things to do in Sydney
- Things to do in Tasmania
- Things to do in South Australia
- Things to do in Port Arthur
- Things to do in New South Wales