Things to Do in Melbourne This Winter
By Viator, December 2017
- Shop for souvenirs or tuck into seasonal delicacies at the Queen Victoria Winter Night Market from June to August.
- Put your skating skills to the test at the open-air ice rink in Federation Square or tackle the Melbourne Ice Slide at the Eureka Skydeck.
- Stroll along the crowd-free sands of St. Kilda Beach, then sip a hot chocolate at a beachfront cafe.
- Soak up the atmosphere at a winter festival such as the Melbourne International Film Festival, the Light in Winter Festival, Open House Melbourne, Melbourne International Jazz Festival, or the St. Kilda’s Winter Garden.
- Enjoy the weekly fireworks displays in the Melbourne Docklands.
- Watch an Australian Football League (AFL) game at one of the city’s top stadiums or snag tickets for the grand final at the Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG) in September.
- Get your powder fix skiing or snowboarding at the Mount Buller ski resort or take a snow day at Lake Mountain Alpine Resort.
Tours & Tickets
Experience an action packed day on this day trip to Lake Mountain Alpine Resort and the iconic Yarra Valley departing from Melbourne. Toboggan, cross-country ... Read more
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Duration: 10 hours (approx.)