Yarra Valley Wine Tours from Melbourne
With dozens of vineyards and wineries set along the banks of the Yarra River and its status one of Victoria's premier wine regions, the Yarra Valley makes for an idyllic escape and popular day trip destination from Melbourne. Here's how to visit.
Sample the region's renowned chardonnay and pinot noir wines during an expert-led wine tasting.
Tour big-name wineries such as Rochford, Yering Station, and Domaine Chandon, or visit one of the many cellar doors.
Tuck into a gourmet lunch at a wine estate or winery, accompanied by carefully selected regional wines.
It's not only wine on offer—indulge in handmade chocolates, regional cheeses, and local beers and ciders.
Combine wine tasting with other Yarra Valley activities such as a visit to Healesville Sanctuary, a ride on the Puffing Billy Steam Train, or an unforgettable sunrise hot air balloon flight.
For a personalized experience, opt for a small-group or private tour.
Things to Know
The Yarra Valley is located about 30 miles (50 km) east of Melbourne, about one hour away by road.
Full-day tours to the Yarra Valley typically last between 6 and 10 hours.
Bring sunscreen, plenty of water, and light layers if visiting on a full-day tour—the region's microclimate means it can be hot during the day but quickly cool after sunset.
Most tours include wine tasting and lunch.
- Visiting the Little Penguins
- How to Pick a Great Ocean Road Tour
- Wine Tasting in Yarra Valley
- Melbourne Street Art
- Shopping in Melbourne
- Holiday & Seasonal Tours
- Sightseeing on a Budget in Melbourne
- Don't Miss These Must-Do Activities in Melbourne
- Things to Do in Melbourne This Fall
- Things to Do in Melbourne This Spring
- Top Parks and Gardens in Melbourne
- Art Lover's Guide to Melbourne
- First-Timers Guide to Melbourne
- Yarra Valley Wine Tours from Melbourne