Top Melbourne Hot Air Balloon Rides
12 results | All Melbourne Tours
Soar over the Yarra Valley during the golden light of sunrise during an unforgettable hot air balloon flight. Float over the scenic landscape of gentle rolling hills and vineyards as day breaks across this beloved winemaking region. Upgrade to enjoy hotel pickup and a delicious sparkling wine breakfast at Balgownie Estate after touching down back on solid ground.
Get an enchanting new perspective on Melbourne aboard a hot air balloon flight over the city at sunrise. Soar over modern skyscrapers, urban parks, famous sporting arenas, and the Yarra River as early morning light bathes the skyline in a rosy glow. After your unforgettable flight, toast the new day with an optional champagne breakfast.
A hot air balloon ride offers visitors to Melbourne a new perspective over one of the most beautiful cities in the country. This balloon flight experience is made extra special by departing at dawn, giving travelers stunning views of Melbourne’s cityscape as the sun rises, the perfect addition to an Australian holiday for those seeking something memorable.
Get into the air and view the Yarra Valley like a bird on this hot air balloon adventure. Look at the countryside below you, and pose for photos that your pilot will take and email you after the ride. You’ll also receive a flight certificate, emailed to you afterwards. Choose to add breakfast to this experience, or alternatively book a spot at one of the nearby restaurants for a champagne breakfast.
Fly like a bird and experience the start of a brand new day whilst floating in a hot air balloon over the world famous wine region, the Yarra Valley. With stunning views as far as the eye can see, the Melbourne CBD skyline in the distance, the great dividing range & of course many world famous wineries below, the peace and serenity that is so unique to hot air ballooning, will leave you with memories that will last a lifetime. Allow 3 - 5 hours for the ballooning experience.
Soak up a spectacular aerial view of Melbourne with a visit to Melbourne Skydeck— the highest viewing platform in the Southern Hemisphere. Admire the watery expanse of Port Phillip Bay and the rolling Dandenong Ranges in the distance. Even the other skyscrapers of Melbourne’s business district will seem miniature from this incredible vantage point. Thrill-seekers can upgrade to experience ‘The Edge’— a moving, glass-bottomed cube that lets you hover over the city streets 88 floors below.
Discover Melbourne’s history and highlights on this guided Yarra River cruise. Float past the city’s towering skyscrapers and lovely urban gardens while learning about the transformation of this vibrant city from 19th-century port town to a modern cultural capital. Your sightseeing cruise takes you upriver and downriver for a scenic overview of attractions on both banks.
Take in a bounty of Melbourne’s highlights along the scenic Yarra River on this narrated sightseeing cruise. Spend a delightful hour aboard a riverboat as you glide under the Princes Bridge and past beautiful river gardens, Herring Island, the Melbourne Cricket Ground and other top cultural attractions.
Enjoy a more relaxed experience of Melbourne than you’d get in a traditional tour vehicle on a walking tour that provides the ultimate introduction if you're visiting for the first time. You’ll stop to hear tales and trivia that you’re unlikely to find in the guidebook about top Melbourne attractions such as Federation Square, Hosier Lane, Old Melbourne Gaol, and much more.
Spot Aussie icons like kangaroos, koalas and emu, as well as exotic beasts like lions, gorillas and meerkats on a thrilling family day trip to the Werribee Open Range Zoo. Hop on an open-window bus for a 40-minute safari tour and get up close to giraffes, rhinos, zebras, camels and more. Then, explore the rest of the park on foot, and walk the boardwalk above the hippo pool, enjoy zookeeper talks and presentations, or make the most of the kid’s play areas.
Spend an evening on the Yarra River during this Melbourne dinner cruise. As you admire the twinkling city lights reflecting on the water, enjoy a 4-course gourmet meal inclusive of beverages. This fine dining experience includes beer, wine, and spirits, as well as coffee, tea, dessert, port, and a cheese plate. Cruise past attractions like Federation Square and the Royal Botanic Gardens while soaking up the elegant and relaxing atmosphere of the boat.
Soar over the Yarra Valley wine region in your very own private hot air balloon and watch the sunrise over the patchwork of vineyards and orchards below. After taking to the skies for your romantic dawn flight, celebrate your safe landing with a decadent Champagne breakfast at the Balgownie Estate.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What are the best Hot Air Balloon Rides in Melbourne?
The best Hot Air Balloon Rides in Melbourne according to Viator travelers are:
What Hot Air Balloon Rides in Melbourne are taking additional safety precautions?
These Melbourne experiences are providing additional COVID-19 safety measures:
What Hot Air Balloon Rides in Melbourne are good for avoiding crowds?
These hidden gems in Melbourne may have limited interaction with crowds:
- Food & Drink
- Likely To Sell Out
- Outdoor Activities
- In the Air
- Hot Air Balloon Rides
- Nature and Wildlife Tours
- On the Water
- Seasonal & Special Occasions
- Tickets & Passes
- Tours, Sightseeing & Cruises
- Cruises & Sailing
- How to Get Around
- Walking Tours
- Water Tours
- Private and Luxury
- Sightseeing Tours
- Tours by Duration
- Unique Experiences
- Art & Culture
- Classes & Workshops
- Travel & Transportation Services
- Australian National Aviation Museum Tours & Tickets
- Luna Park Melbourne Tours & Tickets
- SEA LIFE® Melbourne Aquarium Tours & Tickets
- Flinders Street Station Tours & Tickets
- Carlton Brewhouse Tours & Tickets
- Williamstown Tours & Tickets
- Puffing Billy Railway Tours & Tickets
- National Gallery of Victoria Tours & Tickets
- Australian Ballet Tours & Tickets
- Federation Square Tours & Tickets
- Block Arcade Tours & Tickets
- ArtVo Tours & Tickets
- Moonlit Sanctuary Tours & Tickets
- AAMI Park Tours & Tickets
- Crown Melbourne Tours & Tickets
- Daylesford Tours & Tickets
- Melbourne Regent Theatre Tours & Tickets
- South Wharf Tours & Tickets
- Mount Macedon Tours & Tickets
- St Patrick's Cathedral Tours & Tickets
- Things to do in Victoria
- Things to do in Yarra Valley
- Things to do in Ballarat
- Things to do in Hobart
- Things to do in Adelaide
- Things to do in Sydney
- Things to do in Hunter Valley
- Things to do in Port Stephens
- Things to do in Tasmania
- Things to do in South Australia
- Things to do in New South Wales
- Things to do in Queensland
- Things to do in South Island
- Visiting the Little Penguins
- How to Pick a Great Ocean Road Tour
- Wine Tasting in Yarra Valley
- Melbourne Street Art
- Shopping in Melbourne
- Holiday & Seasonal Tours
- Sightseeing on a Budget in Melbourne
- Don't Miss These Must-Do Activities in Melbourne
- Things to Do in Melbourne This Fall
- Things to Do in Melbourne This Spring
- Top Parks and Gardens in Melbourne
- Art Lover's Guide to Melbourne
- First-Timers Guide to Melbourne
Popular on Viator
- Statue of Liberty Tours and Tickets
- The White House Tours and Tickets
- Antelope Canyon Tours and Tickets
- Hoover Dam Tours and Tickets
- Alcatraz Tours and Tickets
- Stonehenge Tours and Tickets
- Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum Tours and Tickets
- Beverly Hills Tours and Tickets
- Colosseum Tours and Tickets
- Washington Monument Tours and Tickets
- San Diego Zoo Tours and Tickets
- Space Needle Tours and Tickets
- Eiffel Tower Tours and Tickets
- Pearl Harbor National Memorial Tours and Tickets
- Empire State Building Tours and Tickets
- Art Institute of Chicago Tours and Tickets
- Aquarium of the Pacific Tours and Tickets
- Blue Lagoon Tours and Tickets
- Burj Khalifa Tours and Tickets
- Metropolitan Museum of Art (The Met) Tours and Tickets
Day Trips from Melbourne
- Melbourne to Australia
- Melbourne to New South Wales
- Melbourne to Victoria
- Melbourne to Sydney
- Melbourne to Twelve Apostles
- Melbourne to Wilsons Promontory National Park
- Melbourne to Grampians National Park
- Melbourne to Healesville Sanctuary
- Melbourne to Albert Park
- Melbourne to Brighton Beach
- Melbourne to Sovereign Hill
- Melbourne to Mornington Peninsula
- Melbourne to Brighton
- Melbourne to Great Otway National Park
- Melbourne to Ballarat
- Melbourne to Geelong