San Pedro Garza Garcia
Towering office blocks and sprawling suburbs make up much of San Pedro Garza García, but there are plenty of family-friendly attractions hidden behind San Pedro’s corporate facade. Take a hike through Chipinque Ecological Park, stop by Planetario Alfa, or visit the crafty Barrio de Tampiquito neighborhood.
For some of the city’s best nightlife, don’t miss "El Centrito"—this cluster of bars, clubs, and restaurants is one of Monterrey’s swankiest after-hours spots. Shopping fans are also catered to in San Pedro, thanks to Calzada San Pedro and Calzada del Valle.
Things to Know Before You Go
San Pedro is a surprisingly family-friendly destination by day but comes to life with bars and nightclubs after dark.
There’s no need to take lots of cash as most places in San Pedro will accept card payments.
Navigating public transit in San Pedro can be tricky so consider hiring a driver or renting your own vehicle.
Most attractions and businesses in San Pedro Garza García are wheelchair and stroller accessible, including Planetario Alfa.
How to Get There
San Pedro Garza García is situated just 30 minutes southwest of Monterrey’s city center. While Monterrey has a robust public transit system, most travelers find it easiest to arrive and explore San Pedro by private vehicle. To reach Planetario Alfa, take advantage of the free shuttle service that runs from La Alameda in downtown Monterrey.
When to Get There
Although some of San Pedro’s key attractions—such as Chipinque and Planetario Alfa—are best visited during the day, San Pedro really comes to life in the late afternoon and evening when the bars and restaurants in El Centrito open. Expect the largest crowds over weekends and holidays.
Monterrey Day Trips
After you’ve exhausted your options in San Pedro and explored downtown Monterrey, swap the Nuevo León capital for nearby Santiago—this so-called "magic town" offers a charming escape from the business-driven city center. Alternatively, take a hike into the surrounding mountains, cool off at the Horsetail Waterfall (Cascada Cola de Caballo), or pay a visit to Parque Natural La Estanzuela.
- Things to do in South Padre Island
- Things to do in San Antonio
- Things to do in Houston
- Things to do in Galveston
- Things to do in Mexico City
- Things to do in Puerto Vallarta
- Things to do in Taxco
- Things to do in Dallas
- Things to do in Acapulco
- Things to do in San Jose del Cabo
- Things to do in Texas
- Things to do in Jalisco
- Things to do in Central Mexico
- Things to do in Guerrero
- Parque La Huasteca (La Huasteca Canyon Park)
- Villa de Santiago
- Chipinque Ecological Park (Parque Ecológico Chipinque)
- Monterrey City Hall (Palacio Municipal)
- State Museum of Popular Cultures (Museo Estatal de Culturas Populares)
- Cuauhtémoc Moctezuma Brewery (Cervecería Cuauhtémoc Moctezuma)
- Mirador del Obispado (Bishop’s Lookout)
- Metropolitan Cathedral (Catedral Metropolitana)
- Mexican Baseball Hall of Fame (Salón de la Fama)
- Calle Morelos
- Glass Museum (Museo del Vidrio)
- St. Lucia Riverwalk (Paseo Santa Lucia)
- Plaza Fiesta San Agustin
- Barrio Antiguo (Old Town)
- Macroplaza (La Gran Plaza)