Quebec City Day Trips From Montreal
By Viator, January 2018
- Admire the copper-topped turrets of one of the most iconic hotels in Canada: the historic Chateau Frontenac.
- Learn about the history of one of the oldest European settlements in North America at the Plains of Abraham, the site of a pivotal 1759 battle between the British and the French.
- Browse the exhibitions at the National Museum of Fine Arts (Musee National des Beaux-Arts du Quebec), the Museum of Civilization (Musee de la Civilisation), and the Ursulines Museum (Musee des Ursulines).
- Stroll the quaint streets of UNESCO-listed Old Quebec, home to Place Royale, the Basilica of Notre-Dame de Québec, and the boutique and restaurant-lined Petit Champlain.
- Hear the roar of Montmorency Falls, which plunge 272 feet (83 meters) into the St. Lawrence River.
- Quebec City is located about 158 miles (255 kilometers) northeast of Montreal.
- The journey takes just shy of three hours by road. During bus tours, tour guides provide commentary en route.
- Day tours from Montreal to Quebec City typically last about 12 hours.
- Some tours include free time where you can enjoy lunch independently as well as optional add-ons such as a St. Lawrence River cruise.
- Bring snacks and water for the journey, and comfortable walking shoes as Quebec City’s streets are cobbled and hilly.
Tours & Tickets
Visit the historic heart of French Canada on this day trip from Montreal to Quebec City. On your sightseeing tour, see famous landmarks including Place ... Read more
Location: Montreal, Canada
Duration: 12 hours (approx.)