New Orleans has plenty to offer the young and young at heart, from colorful Mardi Gras museums and gator-filled swamps to yummy Creole food and boat rides on the mighty Mississippi. Here are our top picks for a family-friendly trip to the Big Easy.
- Clip-clop through the French Quarter on a horse-drawn-carriage ride.
- Go wild at the Audubon Zoo, Aquarium, and Butterfly Garden.
- Get around the easy way on a hop-on-hop-off-bus tour with 18 essential stops.
- Try Creole cuisine such as gumbo, po’boys, beignets, and pralines on a French Quarter food tour.
- Float down the Mississippi aboard the historic Steamboat Natchez.
- Save time with fast-track entry to dozens of city attractions including the Louisiana Children’s Museum, Mardi Gras World, Cabildo, and Creole Queen paddlewheeler.
- Speed through the Louisiana swamps on an exciting bayou airboat ride, while a nature guide points out alligators, snakes, turtles, and other wildlife.
- Learn about Louisiana’s past at the Oak Alley Plantation.