Though you can see Niagara Falls from dry land, nothing quite compares with experiencing the falls from the water. Hornblower boat tours—departing from the Canadian side—offer front-row views of the mighty falls, putting passengers well within the splash zone. Here’s what you can expect from a Hornblower cruise.
- Enjoy front-and-center views of American Falls, Bridal Veil Falls, and Canadian Horseshoe Falls.
- Feel the spray and listen to the roar of this epic spectacle.
- Opt for an nighttime Niagara Falls boat tour to see the Falls Illumination, during which the natural wonder is lit with multicolored LED lights.
- Sip a craft beer or local Niagara wine on the deck while watching the summertime Falls Fireworks show.
- Combine a cruise with a helicopter trip over the falls, visits to other Niagara Parks attractions such as the Journey Behind the Falls tunnels, or even a tasting session at a Niagara winery.
Thing to Know
- Boarding takes place at the Hornblower Lower Landing, accessible via Niagara Parkway.
- Cruises take place aboard modern 700-capacity catamarans.
- Day tours incorporating Hornblower Niagara Cruises depart from Toronto, Ontario; Niagara Falls, Ontario; Niagara Falls, New York; and Buffalo, New York.
- If you are coming from the US, bring your passport and ensure you have the required documents and visas needed to enter Canada and re-enter the US.
- Hornblower cruises operate from April through October (weather dependent).
- Ponchos are provided. Wear closed-toe waterproof shoes, and bring a waterproof cover for your phone if you plan on taking photos with it.