Things to Do With Kids in Oahu
By Viator, November 2017
- Check out marine life at the Waikiki Aquarium and Sea Life Park. Both offer different experiences—the aquarium, within walking distance of most Waikiki hotels, hosts a bevy of colorful reef residents, while Sea Life Park, further afield, focuses on larger creatures like dolphins and seals.
- Get out on the water to see some sea creatures in the wild—head to the protected Hanauma Bay for some of the best snorkeling on the island, or set sail on a whale-watching tour between November and April.
- Learn about local culture at the Polynesian Cultural Center on the North Shore. Living exhibits showcase different facets of life in cultures throughout Polynesia. Their elaborate nightly luau—complete with in-the-ground-steamed pig—is a must-see.
- Spend a day immersed in the outdoors of Kualoa Ranch, where you can go hiking, kayaking, and ziplining, or take an ATV-based movie tour to see filming locations from Jurassic Park, Hawaii Five-0, and 50 First Dates.
- Get lost at the Dole Plantation's huge hedge maze and discover the former pineapple plantation's history.
- Take a family surf lesson or rolling outrigger canoe ride at the gentle breaks in Waikiki.
Tours & Tickets
From jagged green mountains to sparkling ocean and pristine beaches, there are plenty of stunning sites on this full-day circle island tour of Oahu. Visit the ... Read more
Location: Waikiki, Oahu
Duration: 8 hours 30 minutes (approx.)