There’s really no bad time to visit Oahu, but spring might be the island’s best season. From March through May, the temperature is warm, but not too hot; there are fewer tourists than in summer and winter; and Honolulu springs to life with a bounty of cultural festivals, including the Honolulu Festival and May Day Lei Celebration. Here are our favorite ways to experience Oahu in spring.
- See Honolulu’s top attractions aboard an open-air, hop-on hop-off bus or trolley.
- Soar over the island’s steep mountains, lush valleys, and shimmering waterfalls on a scenic helicopter tour.
- Thoroughly explore the island on a circle island tour that takes in all of its must-see landmarks.
- Immerse yourself in nature with a hike to Manoa Falls.
- Snorkel in the crystal-clear waters of Hanauma Bay.
- Explore Kualoa Ranch and see where some of your favorite movies were made.
- Eat your way around Honolulu’s Chinatown.
- Experience a traditional Hawaiian luau at Paradise Cove.