Coachella Valley Preserve Tours
The endangered fringe-toed lizard is given room to roam at the Coachella Valley Preserve, which was specifically designed to protect these desert creatures.
Guided hikes through the preserves’ sand dunes and rocky escarpments are led by knowledgeable naturalists who can share their insights into the life cycle of this threatened reptile.
The preserve has more than 25 miles (40 km) of hiking trails. While you walk, look out for eagles, California fan palms, bobcats, horned owls, cottontail bunnies, kestrels and lizards.
The Coachella Valley Preserve is off the Interstate 10 highway, 10 miles (16 km) east of Palm Springs.
3 Tours and Activities to Experience Coachella Valley Preserve
Frequently Asked Questions
- San Andreas Fault Hummer Tour
- Joshua Tree Hummer Tour from Palm Desert
- Joshua Tree Backroads Enclosed Hummer Tour
Things to do near Palm Springs
- Things to do in California
- Things to do in Carlsbad
- Things to do in La Jolla
- Things to do in Newport Beach
- Things to do in Anaheim & Buena Park
- Things to do in San Diego
- Things to do in Long Beach
- Things to do in Los Angeles
- Things to do in Catalina Island
- Things to do in Santa Monica
- Things to do in Ensenada
- Things to do in Las Vegas
- Things to do in Santa Barbara
- Things to do in Baja California
- Things to do in Arizona