Porto: Santiago de Compostela and Valença do Minho Day Trip with Lunch
More activities to help you explore Porto
* A traveler said: "Good service, nice experience , the drivers, staff at the tasting etc were very friendly and professional!"
* A traveler said: "Excellent guide very informative.we We would throughly recommend this trip. The wine tasting was well worth the trip"
* A traveler said: "Ivo was a lovely tour guide. He picked us up on time and was very knowledgeable about wine. The river cruise was stunning. We had the most delicious lunch also. The wineries were really special and the people were nice! Thanks Ivo for a lovely day!!!"
* A traveler said: "We had an excellent day and Hugo our guide and driver is a first class host. He gave us detailed information about the port and wine industries of the region and kept us fully informed about the schedule at all times. The visits to the wine estates and the tastings, lunch and the river cruise were all very enjoyable!!!!"
* A traveler said: "Excellent tour with great hosts. Awesome views and great wine tour. Francisco was a great tour guide, explained everything in Portuguese and English. Highly recommended!!"
* A traveler said: "Had an amazing time on our tour yesterday! Steve was a fantastic guide and extremely knowledgeable. Would highly recommend this tour! 10/10 experience!"
* A traveler said: "We had a lovely day out, wine was amazing very good value of money. Educational experience, our tour guide Steve was amazing and made the day fun! Cameron"
* A traveler said: "Wonderful small group tour! Great mix of driving with history, small winery tours, lovely lunch and fabulous scenery. A ‘must do’ while in Porto!"
* A traveler said: "Valter was a wonderful guide, very personable and informative. We really loved the meat and cheese shop, and the Port flight tasting"
* A traveler said: "This was a smooth, relaxing experience, and an ideal way to see sights on both banks of the Douro River. The multi-lingual commentary gave sufficient details of each point of interest. Excellent value."
* A traveler said: "I went with my girlfriend for her 30th, and let me tell you this: Nuno was an absolutely amazing guide and a pleasure to be around. The places he took us in Douro Valley were beautiful and the wine tasting locations were spectacular! This trip was worth every cent!"
* A traveler said: "I had a really nice time. I learned about porto’s the making process and tried different types. Alex was a great guide and company. Thank you!"
* A traveler said: "Fun activity to do while in Porto. Great way to see the city and learn about the history and culture of the area. Great for a date."
* A traveler said: "We had our guide, Nuno, all to ourselves that day and we have a super fun and informative day. His enthusiasm for his work and his love of his country is charming. He has a very deep knowledge of the history, culture and geography of the area. We had some incredible viewpoints of the territory from up high which were the highlight of the day. He picked a good winery and the tasting was funand not too long. The lunch was really good and we enjoyed his company there unlike a lot of guides who just leave you and return later. I thought the river cruise for an hour was okay but other than a different view of the territory was not very interesting. compared to the time we spent with our guide. Thank you Nuno for all the effort you put in!"
* A traveler said: "Took us everywhere! Loved that he could go where cars can’t. Gave us tips for good restaurants, good places to shop and other places to go. Great tour. Wished that I had booked him all day in a custom tour!"
* A traveler said: "Our e-bike tour was fun & informative. Louis did a great job. The tour provided a good overview of Lisbon. Would highly recommend!"
* A traveler said: "Our guide was very nice and interesting, we spent a very good time with his company and he made us discover a lot about Porto!"
* A traveler said: "We had our tour with Pedro, who is really passionate about nature, animals and al sorts of things really. He was caring for our group, arranged a really nice authentic lunch in between hikes and swims. We had a wonderful day!!!"
* A traveler said: "After having seen most of the sights around Porto, my wife and I thought that a trip to medieval Santiago de Compostela in Spain would be exciting. At first the trip seemed like a no-go, because four people are required for this trip. However, after finding out that we REALLY wanted to go, Living Tours made an exception and took us anyways. We really want to thank Living Tours for bending over backwards to make us happy. Needless to say, the trip was fantastic and our guide Francisco F. was outstanding. Francisco was extremely knowledgeable and friendly, and took us to a fabulous restaurant for lunch. As for Santiago de Compostela, make sure you go, it’s living history. On the way back, we stopped in the small border town of Valença, again a winner! In sum, we had an unforgettable day thanks to Living Tours and Francisco."
* A traveler said: "Perfect introduction so u get a quick overview of the City. I highly recommend booking the boat cruise and the wine tasting. Definitely worth it if u spend 2 or 3 days and u want to make the most of it!"
* A traveler said: "We booked late the night before but the tour organisers went out of their way to accommodate us. Our guide Julio arrived right on time at our air bnb in a fairly comfortable car. The first stop was an olive oil museum where we sampled the oil and three wines with the most incredible view I could have stayed there all day. The staff were very generous and friendly. We purchased wine there to enjoy on the boat trip. The boat trip was nice in terms of the views of the valley but we couldn’t really hear the information given due to the sound quality and background noise. From here we went to lunch. The food was great. This was followed by a small tasting and tour giving information about port. Julio was very personable, gave a lot of information as we were traveling but in a way that didn’t feel forced or scripted. I would highly recommend this as it has a few small stages which broke the day up nicely."
* A traveler said: "Ana was an amazing guide. So knowledgeable and fun to speak with. We enjoyed our tastings and the places she took us too. Highly recommend . Thank you 😊"
* A traveler said: "Beautiful day with several amazing sights. Silvia was a great guide. Very informative, clear, and personable. The lunch was okay. As usual there were better spots no doubt, but a relaxing day of varied sights. I would highly recommend!"
* A traveler said: "Our tour guide, Claudia, was terrific! Enjoyed the half day. Loved the itinerary. The boat ride in Aveiro was very nice…learned a lot."
- Things to do in Northern Portugal
- Things to do in Braga
- Things to do in Peso Da Regua
- Things to do in Coimbra
- Things to do in Vigo
- Things to do in Santiago de Compostela
- Things to do in La Coruna
- Things to do in Sintra
- Things to do in Lisbon
- Things to do in Cascais
- Things to do in Madrid
- Things to do in Portimao
- Things to do in Seville
- Things to do in Beiras
- Things to do in Galicia