Historical Building of the National Museum Tours and Activities
The magnificent headpiece of Prague’s historic Wenceslas square, the Prague National Museum (Národní Muzeum) is the largest museum complex in the Czech Republic, encompassing five specialized departments. The History and Natural History museums are the most sizable, housing an enormous permanent collection of prehistoric remains, archeological artifacts, rock specimens and other items from all over the world. The National Museum Library, Czech Music Museum and the National Museum of Asian, African and American Cultures, are also part of the complex.
It’s not only the exhibitions that warrant attention – the museum itself is a glorious homage to the Czech National Revival, adorned with the busts of Czech historical figures and fronted by a commandeering statue of St Wenceslas on horseback. The inescapable domed structure is an elaborate feat of neo-Renaissance architecture, featuring over 10 adjourned buildings designed by famous Czech architect Josef Schulz and dominating the Prague skyline since it opened its doors in the 1880s.
Tours and Activities to Experience Historical Building of the National Museum
Frequently Asked Questions
- Full-Day Prague Tour with Vltava River Cruise, Prague Castle and Lunch
- Prague Advent Evening Food Tasting Tour - Taste The Best Of The Czech Christmas!
- 1,5 hour oldtimer convertible Prague sightseeing tour
- Vintage Cars Prague - Grand City Tour 120min / 2-6 pers.
- Things to do in Karlovy Vary
- Things to do in Cesky Krumlov
- Things to do in Passau
- Things to do in Linz
- Things to do in Wroclaw
- Things to do in Vienna
- Things to do in Schwechat
- Things to do in Salzburg
- Things to do in Berlin
- Things to do in Bratislava
- Things to do in Munich
- Things to do in Innsbruck
- Things to do in Bohemia
- Things to do in Upper Austria
- Things to do in Lower Austria