Spanish Synagogue (Spanelská Synagoga) Tours and Activities
The Spanish Synagogue (Spanělská Synagoga) in Prague is the newest synagogue in the Jewish Town area. Ironically, it is built on the site of the 12th-century Altschul, which was thought to be the oldest synagogue in the city.
The current building was constructed in 1868. It was designed by Vojtěch Ignátz Ullmann in a neo-Moorish style, which was inspired by the art of the Arabic period of Spanish history – hence the synagogue’s name. The elaborate interior was designed by the architects, Antonín Baum and Bedřich Münzberger, and includes beautiful stained-glass windows and a stucco-covered ceiling of intricate stylized motifs, which also adorn the walls, doors, and gallery balustrades.
The Spanish Synagogue in Prague holds regular services, permanent and temporary exhibitions, classical concerts, and a variety of other programs and events.
Tours and Activities to Experience Spanish Synagogue (Spanelská Synagoga)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Full-Day Prague Tour with Vltava River Cruise, Prague Castle and Lunch
- Prague Jewish Quarter Tour with Tereza
- Prague Jewish Quarter And Synagogue Walking Tour With Admission Tickets
- Vintage Cars Prague - Grand City Tour 120min / 2-6 pers.
- Things to do in Karlovy Vary
- Things to do in Cesky Krumlov
- Things to do in Passau
- Things to do in Linz
- Things to do in Wroclaw
- Things to do in Vienna
- Things to do in Schwechat
- Things to do in Salzburg
- Things to do in Berlin
- Things to do in Bratislava
- Things to do in Munich
- Things to do in Innsbruck
- Things to do in Bohemia
- Things to do in Upper Austria
- Things to do in Lower Austria