Gorlero Avenue (Avenida Gorlero) Tours and Activities
Gorlero Avenue (Avenida Gorlero) is the main street in the Punta del Este region of Uruguay. It was named after the first mayor of Maldonado, Juan Gorlero, and is the only street in the area that got its name from a person. All other streets are referenced by street number, while avenues are known by their order from 5000 on.
Here you will find a bulk of Punta del Este’s prime tourist businesses, including cafes, restaurants, bars, art galleries, cinemas and casinos. In addition, there are a number of banks and exchange houses. During the summer tourist season, Gorlero Avenue is noted for its numerous live performers and artisans. Look for the “living statues,” jugglers, photographers and various handicraft artists set up along the avenue.
The street was remodeled in 1998 to make it friendlier to pedestrian traffic, so today its sidewalks are wider and lighting and seating are ample.
Tours and Activities to Experience Gorlero Avenue (Avenida Gorlero)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Punta del Este Shore Excursion: Private Sightseeing Tour of Punta del Este
- Full day Punta del Este tour
- Best Private & Personalized Trip Day to Punta del Este (from Montevideo)
- Private Day Tour to Punta del Este
- Things to do in Montevideo
- Things to do in Buenos Aires
- Things to do in Porto Alegre
- Things to do in Gramado
- Things to do in The Pampas
- Things to do in South Brazil
- Things to do in Northwest Argentina
- Things to do in Lake District
- Things to do in Southeast Brazil
- Things to do in Patagonia
- Things to do in North Chile