Rome is full of fascinating sights, but exploring the city is even more enjoyable when the kids think so too. Here are a few kid-friendly activities for the young (and young-at-heart) that will have everyone talking long after they're back home.
- Step into costume at the Gladiator School of Rome for a hands-on (and kid-friendly) history lesson in ancient Roman combat near the Colosseum.
- See Romulus and Remus, Julius Caesar, and the Renaissance come to life at Time Elevator Rome, a multi-sensory theater experience that allows you to travel through time in the ancient city.
- Challenge the kids to a educationalÃÂ treasure hunt on a tour of Rome's Jewish Ghetto neighborhood, where monuments and artworks hold the special clues needed to win the game.ÃÂ
- Skip the line at the Colosseum on a guided, interactive tour of Ancient Rome with fun and games specially designed for children ages 7 to 12.
- Explore Rome after dark on a guided night tour of the city's illuminated sightsÃ¢ÂÂtheÃÂ pizza and gelato will keep kids happy past their bedtimes (just this once!).