Top Rotorua Travel & Transportation Services
Saved to wishlist!
Nature and Wildlife Tours
Likely To Sell Out
Mountain Bike Rentals
Mountain Bike Tours
9 results | All Rotorua Tours
This Rotorua zipline tour takes you soaring through a centuries-old forest canopy as you switch between the six zipline cables suspended 72 feet (22 meters) above the ground. Get a bird’s-eye view as two expert guides suit you up with safety equipment and teach you about the forest environment. Bonus: you can later download photos taken of you during your treetops adventure. Round-trip hotel transport is included on this small-group tour, limited to 10 people.
Soar through the trees and experience New Zealand’s ancient native forest like never before on this incredible must-do adventure – Voted TripAdvisor’s #11 Adventure Experience in the world! You'll soar across 1200m of ziplines, experience New Zealand’s one and only cliff walk 50m above the forest floor, incredible swing bridges, controlled descent and an impressive 400m long tandem zipline so you can share the experience of our longest zipline together!
Located just five minutes from downtown Rotorua, the Whakarewarewa Forest features 100 miles (160 km) of twisting mountain bike trails. Book your bike hire for a half-day ride through this redwood terrain, considered one of the region’s top trail networks. You’ll find a variety of paths for all abilities on this self-guided bike tour.
Even on the cloudiest night, the New Zealand glowworm lights up the darkness in a lucky few spots across the country. This short evening bush-walk departing from Rotorua involves a short drive, a walk through picturesque native bush and the chance to see these increasingly rare creatures. Tack this tour onto the end of a thrilling day in Rotorua instead of hiring a car for an almost two-hour drive west to visit the exceedingly popular Waitomo Caves. This is one of the easiest ways to experience Aotearoa’s unique glowworm habitats.
Complete your trip to Rotorua with a visit to the Agrodome. If there's one thing people associate with New Zealand, it’s sheep, and you’ll have plenty of opportunities to interact with the gentle creatures at the Agrodome Sheep Show, Farm Tour or both. This educational and family-friendly experience lets you join in on farming activities as you meet the farmers and their sheep.
Explore the geothermal landscape of Rotorua at your own pace on this self-guided Waimangu hiking tour. Follow winding hiking trails through Waimangu — the world’s youngest geothermal system — and marvel at the scenery you find. Admire unique geothermal features including Frying Pan Lake, Inferno Crater Lake and Lake Rotomahana, and enjoy breathtaking views over hot springs and steam vents throughout the forest and grasslands. Along the way, gain insight into the geothermal activity from your guide sheet and watch for the native plant and animal life for which Waimangu is famous. Enjoy a much needed rest and take advantage of the shuttle bus to return you to the start at the end of your hike.
While in Rotorua, see a cultural performance and take part in a traditional Maori ‘hangi’ feast at Te Pā Tū featuring the lesser known delicacies of the culture. A local guide escorts you by coach to the ‘marae’ (Maori village) for an immersive evening that begins with a welcome ceremony by New Zealand's indigenous people. Learn about local customs and watch a powerful display of song and dance before a hangi dinner.
Have fun with your friends or family at the only 3D trick art gallery on New Zealand’s North Island. Explore the more than 50 trick artworks, many of which you can jump into to take convincing, lifelike photos. The gallery is conveniently located in the heart of Rotorua, so you can combine a visit with other must-see attractions and activities. This is a fun and handy activity for an exciting morning or afternoon.
See the awe-inspiring Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland on a half-day tour, led by a knowledgeable guide. Follow a well-marked path alongside bubbling hot springs and volcanic craters at Rotorua’s most comprehensive geothermal site. Hear a morning presentation about the Lady Knox Geyser and observe the daily eruption before a short drive through the Waimangu Volcanic Valley. Numbers are limited to 12 people, providing a more personalized experience with a small group.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What are the best Travel & Transportation Services in Rotorua?
The best Travel & Transportation Services in Rotorua according to Viator travelers are:
- Ziplining Forest Adventure - The Original Canopy Tour Rotorua
- Ziplining Forest Experience - The Ultimate Canopy Tour Rotorua
- Half-Day Self-Guided Mountain Bike Journey through Whakarewarewa Redwood Forest
- Nocturnal adventure Glow-worm tour
- Agrodome Farm Experience including Farm Show and Farm Tour - Rotorua
What Travel & Transportation Services in Rotorua are taking additional safety precautions?
These Rotorua experiences are providing additional COVID-19 safety measures:
What Travel & Transportation Services in Rotorua are good for avoiding crowds?
These hidden gems in Rotorua may have limited interaction with crowds:
- Rangitaiki River Tours & Tickets
- Sulphur Point Tours & Tickets
- Lake Rotorua Tours & Tickets
- Lake Rotokakahi (Green Lake) Tours & Tickets
- Buried Village of Te Wairoa Tours & Tickets
- Redwoods Forest Whakarewarewa Tours & Tickets
- Maori Arts and Crafts Institute (Te Puia) Tours & Tickets
- Government Gardens Rotorua Tours & Tickets
- Te Puia Tours & Tickets
- Paradise Valley Springs Wildlife Park Tours & Tickets
- Polynesian Spa Tours & Tickets
- Mt. Tarawera Tours & Tickets
- Hell's Gate Geothermal Park Tours & Tickets
- Blue Baths Tours & Tickets
- Agrodome Tours & Tickets
- Rainbow Springs Nature Park Tours & Tickets
- Rotorua Museum (Te Whare Taonga o Te Arawa) Tours & Tickets
- Waimangu Volcanic Valley Tours & Tickets
- Lake Rotoiti Tours & Tickets
- Lake Tikitapu (Blue Lake) Tours & Tickets
- Things to do in North Island
- Things to do in Tauranga
- Things to do in Tongariro National Park
- Things to do in Hastings
- Things to do in Waiheke Island
- Things to do in Auckland
- Things to do in Wellington
- Things to do in Picton
- Things to do in Akaroa
- Things to do in Queenstown
- Things to do in South Island
- Things to do in New South Wales
- Things to do in Wanaka
- Things to do in Tasmania
- Things to do in Victoria
Popular on Viator
- Statue of Liberty Tours and Tickets
- The White House Tours and Tickets
- Antelope Canyon Tours and Tickets
- Hoover Dam Tours and Tickets
- Alcatraz Tours and Tickets
- Stonehenge Tours and Tickets
- Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum Tours and Tickets
- Beverly Hills Tours and Tickets
- Colosseum Tours and Tickets
- Washington Monument Tours and Tickets
- San Diego Zoo Tours and Tickets
- Space Needle Tours and Tickets
- Eiffel Tower Tours and Tickets
- Pearl Harbor National Memorial Tours and Tickets
- Empire State Building Tours and Tickets
- Art Institute of Chicago Tours and Tickets
- Aquarium of the Pacific Tours and Tickets
- Blue Lagoon Tours and Tickets
- Burj Khalifa Tours and Tickets
- Metropolitan Museum of Art (The Met) Tours and Tickets