Though it may seem counterintuitive, considering the harsh climate of this impossibly dry, high-altitude region, the Atacama Desert has hosted human settlement for thousands of years. Tulor Village, as it is known, is one of the most tantalizing archaeological clues these mysterious early settlers left behind.
Only about 10% of the village, a human-sized honeycomb of square and circular adobe structures, has been excavated. The city was occupied by 800BC, and at its peak had several hundred inhabitants. There are few artifacts on hand at the site, but photographers will find the enigmatic earthworks a tempting subject, particularly in the morning or late afternoon.
Tulor Village Tours
What are Tulor Village hours of operation?
Should I book Tulor Village tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Tulor Village 2021?
What's the best way to experience Tulor Village?
- Archaeological Tour in Atacama
- Archeological Tour
- 4 Days Maravillas Atacama: Moon Valley, Archaeologic, Altiplanic & Tatio Geysers
- 2- day tour Quitor & Tulor + Moon & Death Valley in Atacama
Things to do near San Pedro de Atacama
- Things to do in North Chile
- Things to do in Uyuni
- Things to do in Salta
- Things to do in La Paz
- Things to do in Arequipa
- Things to do in Puno
- Things to do in Northwest Argentina
- Things to do in Altiplano
- Things to do in South Coast
- Things to do in The Pampas
- Things to do in Lake District
- Things to do in North Coast