Jardim dos Pinhais Ecco Parque
Against a backdrop of the Mantiqueira Mountains, the gardens of the Jardim dos Pinhais Ecco Parque offer a tranquil retreat and are ideal for strolling and picnicking. Explore gardens with themes ranging from the zen-like Japanese garden to the palm-shaded tropical one and Renaissance-inspired Italian garden.
Join one of the included guided tours or explore the gardens on a self-guided walking tour. Plan around 45 minutes to walk the gardens, which include mountain, desert and Canadian gardens. Look out for tropical plants and flowers including bromeliads, heliconias, cacti, and orchids; watch the swans swimming on the lake; or relax in a hammock within the tropical garden. The park also runs quad bike tours into the surrounding mountains, which can be booked on site.
Things to Know Before You Go
Entrance fees include an optional guided tour (in Portuguese only); children under 7 are free.
Have lunch or a snack at the restaurant looking out over the gardens, or bring food to eat at the park's picnic benches and hammocks.
The gardens are accessible for wheelchairs and strollers, although access may be restricted in some areas.
How to Get There
Jardim dos Pinhais is located around 11 miles (18 kilometers) south of Campos do Jordão, off the Rodovia Floriano Rodrigues Pinheiro Highway (SP-123). There is no public transport to the park, but you can take a taxi from town. Free parking is available.
When to Get There
The garden is open weekdays (except Tuesdays) from morning to early evening, with somewhat extended hours on weekends. Mornings are typically the quietest time to visit. Consider combining a late-morning or early afternoon walking tour with lunch or afternoon tea at the garden restaurant.
Parks and Gardens around Campos do Jordão
Located in the foothills of the Mantiqueira Mountains in eastern Sao Paulo state, Campos do Jordão offers plenty of outdoor options. In addition to visiting Jardim dos Pinhais, nature lovers can stop at Amantikir Gardens on route; enjoy a scenic hike to Garalhada waterfall; and admire the views from Itapeva Mountain. If you have young kids, don't miss the fairy-tale themed Enchanted Forest Park and treetop adventure course at Parque dos Lagos.
- Felicia Leirner Museum (Museu Felicia Leirner)
- Claudio Santoro Auditorium (Auditorio Claudio Santoro)
- Enchanted Forest Park (Parque da Floresta Encantada)
- Thermas Hot World
- Christ the Redeemer (Cristo Redentor) of Serra Negra
- Serra Negra Cable Car (Teleférico Serra Negra)
- Itatiba Zoo (Zooparque Itatiba)
- Magic City Water Park
- Pedra Grande
- Cantareira State Park (Parque Estadual da Cantareira)
- Immigration Museum of the State of São Paulo (Museu da Imigração)
- Sao Paulo Museum of Sacred Art (Museu de Arte Sacra)
- Art Gallery of the State of Sao Paulo (Pinacoteca do Estado de Sao Paulo)
- Sao Paulo Municipal Theater (Theatro Municipal)
- Estaçao Pinacoteca (Pina_Estaçao)