An unusual museum 30 feet (nine meters) beneath Fort Canning Hill, the secretive British military fort known as Battlebox once played an important role in Singapore’s history. Used by the Malaya Command to defend Singapore during World War II, the bunker was where Lieutenant-General Arthur Percival ultimately surrendered Singapore to the Japanese, marking the decline of the British Empire. Today, the cavernous space is filled with lifelike wax mannequins and antique photos and video clips that depict what it was like to live and strategize within the gray, 29-room labyrinth during the final days of the war.
What are Battlebox hours of operation?
Should I book Battlebox tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Battlebox 2021?
What's the best way to experience Battlebox?
- Historical Battlebox Tour in Singapore
- Singapore Battlebox and Fort Canning Hill Tour
- Go Singapore All-Inclusive City Pass with 35+ Attractions
- Go Singapore Explorer City Pass: Choose 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 or 7 Attractions
Things to do near Singapore
- Things to do in Sentosa Island
- Things to do in Pulau Ubin
- Things to do in Malaysia
- Things to do in Thailand
- Things to do in Kuala Lumpur
- Things to do in Petaling Jaya
- Things to do in Penang
- Things to do in Medan
- Things to do in Langkawi
- Things to do in Kedah
- Things to do in Sumatra
- Things to do in Southern Thailand and Andaman Coast
- Things to do in West Java
- Things to do in South Coast
- Things to do in Southern Vietnam