In autumn in the Northern Hemisphere, the nights are drawing in. Yet in tropical Singapore, just 90 miles (145 kilometers) from the equator, September, October, and November are steamy hot with velvety nights. Here’s how to enjoy those sultry days.
- Cherish the long, warm evenings with a night tour, perhaps including a trishaw ride through Chinatown, a visit to Gardens by the Bay, or a classic Night Safari.
- Soak up the views from Sentosa Island’s observation decks.
- Feast on a gourmet dinner suspended above the city on the Singapore Cable Car.
- Beat a rainy day with a sightseeing tour by coach.
- Discover Singapore’s dark World War II history at the Kranji War Memorial or the Changi Memorial and Chapel.
- Get to the heart of the city on a Singapore River cruise.