Although far less frequented than its larger West Indies neighbor, St. Kitts, Nevis is well worth a detour. The diminutive Caribbean island is blessed with swathes of lush rainforest and gorgeous white-sand beaches. Here are the best options for exploring Nevis on a day tour from St. Kitts.
- Enjoy spectacular views of the Caribbean islands as you cruise between St. Kitts and Nevis.
- Learn more about Alexander Hamilton, who was born in Charlestown, during a visit to the Museum of Nevis History.
- Visit Nevis attractions and historical sites such as the Old Bath House, the Nevis Botanical Gardens, and the Nisbet Plantation on a guided island tour.
- Enjoy swimming, snorkeling, and water sports at Pinney’s Beach or Oualie Beach.
- Relax on the beach or order a traditional rum punch at the Four Seasons Resort Nevis beach bar.
Things to Know
- The island of Nevis is located just southeast of St. Kitts, separated by the Narrows strait, and is reachable only by boat or chartered plane.
- It’s possible to visit Nevis from St. Kitts on a half-day tour (3–5 hours) or full-day tour (7–8.5 hours).
- Ferries typically leave from St. Kitts’ Port Zante in Basseterre harbor and take about 45 minutes to reach Charlestown on Nevis.
- Be sure to bring your swimsuit, sun protection, and a towel.
- Full-day tours often include hotel or port pickup, and lunch either on board or at a beachside restaurant.