Ways to Experience Nama Culture in Namibia
By Viator, May 2018
- Visit Mondesa, a suburb of the city of Swakopmund, and tour a community market, school, and family home.
- Sample traditional Namibian cuisine such as omakunde (beans), ondhwa (barbequed chicken), and omagungu (dried mopane worms).
- Shop for traditional clothing and colorful handicrafts at a local market.
- Learn about Namibia’s various cultures—Nama, Herero, Damara, and San—during a visit to the Democratic Resettlement Community.
- Meet a Nama chief and hear about the culture’s ancient customs, traditional medicine, and spiritual beliefs.
Tours & Tickets
East from Swakopmund we finds one of the oldest plant species in the world. The Welwitschia Mirabilis which can grew to be Thousands of years old. The Moon ... Read more
Location: Swakopmund, Namibia
Duration: 4 hours (approx.)